Two Rivers Housing is committed to ensuring that our homes will remain at the highest standard possible with the resources available, in order to:
- Continue to meet the Decent Homes Standard;
- Meet the aspirations of our tenants;
- Improve the comfort of tenants homes and reduce running costs (through more economic heating systems and better insulation);
- Comply with Health and Safety (for example, the management of Asbestos and Legionella);
- Improve aesthetical appearance (Environmental Works & External Maintenance); and
- Improve ergonomics within properties (new kitchen designs).
Our 2013/14 improvement work programmes run from April 2013 to March 2014 and all tenants whose homes are included will be written to.
Before we begin any improvement works to your home we must carry out a targeted asbestos survey. Further details of this will be included in the letter notifying tenants which improvement works are planned for their home. Please be aware this is an essential requirement and no improvement work can be carried out to your home until the targeted asbestos survey is complete.
Our improvement works booklet, along with leaflets specific to each programme of works can be found in the improvement works section.
Also in this section is our 'Combatting Condensation' guide, which is full of useful advice for anybody experiencing black-spot mould in their home.