Contents insurance

Contents insurance

We insure the home you live in (ie the building), but you are responsible for insuring your personal possessions against loss or damage. Therefore, we believe it is a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for, in order to help make an informed decision.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen, and home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

To help decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, we have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks* and Allianz Insurance plc who provide specialist tenant contents insurance policies.

This pay-as-you-go scheme can insure the contents of your home, including items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments. There is no excess payable, and you can pay in instalments. We will add the insurance premium charge to your rent account, so the two sums are paid at the same time.

If you are interested, we suggest you compare this scheme with other insurance companies’ policies – perhaps by using the various price comparison websites – to make sure you get the right policy for you.

For further information about the Thistle/Allianz policy, please contact our Customer Services team.

* Thistle Tenant Risks is a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRM 310419. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.